Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-11-01
Arrow Technology Group Contract Rigger in Alberta Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Arrow Technology Group
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Contract Rigger in Alberta
Perform all general ground procedures associated with the installation of a communication tower. Capable of Installation on building Infrastructure using Side /…
Telecom Rigger with Experience for Alberta Company: Arrow Technology Group (ATG.net) Offering: Temporary on call Position
Must have own Vehicle and own Harness
$25.00 per/hour 0.42 per/km for travel
Must be willing to travel through Alberta Requirements:
- Experience as a telecom rigger
- Experience in and comfortable with working at heights of up to 100 to 300 feet.
- Ability to identify and select cables, ropes, blocks, and tackle by weight and size of load to be moved as per project requirements
- Experience and knowledge in plumb and tension technique and ginpole use is an asset
- Working knowledge in fall protection practice and procedures and tower life saving techniques (Fall Arrest, Tower Rescue, OHS Process Training, First Aid Certification, and Ground Disturbance).
- Experience with Mounting, Building Tower infrastructure hardware
- Understanding of Pointing and Directional Azimuths
- Capable of reading Path Profile documentation for Wireless Point to Point shot’s * Understanding and Capability of Battery Backup infrastructure including Solar and or Battery Bank Circuitry, relays and converters
- Understanding and Experience with Correct grounding and electrical requirements of Tower Infrastructure.
- Capable of Installation on building Infrastructure using Side / Wall and Non Penetrating Roof Mounts
- Rope access and safety for all roof and building work in accordance with OHS * Ability to Mount and secure wall backing plate safely / Wall Mount Network Housing Equipment including use of tools.
- Perform all general ground procedures associated with the installation of a communication tower
- Conduct inventory inspections and sort received materials on site
- Ensure the proper inspection and use of personal safety equipment
- Work safely on towers incorporating 100% tie off – fall protection practices
- Ensure that all company equipment is well maintained and in safe operating condition
- Ensure work is completed as per client and employer standards, prepare reports as required
- Due to safety and the nature of the responsibilities, the ability to speak, read and write English is essential.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $25.00 /hour
Required licenses or certifications:
- Own Vehicle
- Own Climbing Harness
- Driver License