OverviewAres Staffing Field Service Technician Full Time in Moncton, NB
Branch Moncton NB CA
Field Service Technician
Operate hand and power tools (i.e. Ability to operate hand and power tools (i.e. CLICK HERE TO APPLY:….
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: http://smrtr.io/E7FTFQ
What an amazing opportunity! Join one of Canada’s fastest growing information technology companies today! Our customer has a dynamic and fast paced environment that will expose you to the latest cutting-edge technologies available in our marketplace.
In this role you will be responsible for providing field technical service and support at our Client’s Customer Sites across Canada, by performing connectivity and hardware troubleshooting and repair in a positive and professional manner.
- Perform connectivity and hardware troubleshooting and repair; perform outlook set up and administration.
- Identify and repair hardware issues in a POS environment; replace scanners, scales, pin pad, printers and work stations.
- Ensure all other on-site support services and repairs are completed by verifying operations and maintaining required quality levels and documenting work performed.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures, applying required safety training required for the position.
- Perform travel on a moment’s notice in order to provide support by troubleshooting at customers’ sites in assigned area, as required.
- Be available for rotational shifts (days, afternoons, evenings and weekends) including rotational stand-by 24/7.
- Prepare field reports, as required.
- Liaise with Help Desk on escalated issues.
- Investigate and diagnose customers’ issues by using technical expertise in a timely and professional manner.
- Install, fish, dress cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), co-axial and fibre optic cable.
- Identify cable pathways.
- Test, review and troubleshoot installed systems.
- Install various types of network infrastructure equipment (switches, routers, servers, DSL modems, wireless switches and access points, cameras, security systems, network addressing).
- Troubleshoot cabling, hardware and network related issues in the field.
- Operate hand and power tools (i.e. drills).
- Apply proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of computer networking.
- Exhibit positive and professional attitude and behaviour at all times; interact and communicate respectfully with all of our client’s parties to resolve field issues.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other team members to achieve common project/site objectives.
- Either University degree with major in information technology or a related diploma program
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in IT field services, with broad exposure to a variety of software and hardware technologies, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a retail environment with POS systems
- Experience working with remote management software is an asset
- Experience in troubleshooting cabling, hardware and network related issues in the field
- Excellent prioritizing and communication skills
- Familiarity with network equipment (routers, switches, desktops, printers, servers, etc.)
- Ability to travel to customers’ sites on short notice over extended periods of time
- Ability and availability to work revolving day/night 24/7 shifts, rotational stand-by and on-calls to respond to operational requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate hand and power tools (i.e. drill)
- Proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of computer networking
Whether you’re an experienced professional, or a recent graduate, ARES will bring value to your job search. Through our company, you can access opportunities and connect with an amazing network of Canada’s top employers. After 18 years of success, we have the knowledge, relationships and resources to help your career soar. World-class companies select ARES to help staff their teams.
We specialize in Contract, Contract To Hire, and Permanent Information Technology Staffing.
We are proud to be a Vendor of Record with the Government of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
Visit us at www.aresstaffing.com. Your information will be kept confidential.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is key to innovation through the sharing of ideas, experiences and abilities. We aim for every ARES employee to have a great quality of life where we can reach our full potential — a positive, healthy and inclusive workplace where employees are respected, treated fairly and consistently, and accommodated. ‘Living’ diversity and inclusion enables us to achieve outstanding business results, and to provide our clients and candidates with stellar service.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: http://smrtr.io/E7FTFQ
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Moncton, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03