OverviewArdene Store Manager Temporary in Corner Brook, NL
Branch Corner Brook NL CA
Corner Brook, NL
Physical ability to stand for extended periods, climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout…
The store Manager works with the District Manager in planning and executing strategies to drive sales and improve employee performance. He/she is responsible for the overall operations, sales and profitability of the store. This also includes proper merchandising and maintaining excellent customer service standards through leading by example and consistent training and developing of the store team.
The store Manager must adhere to all company policies and procedures and must be a role model and demonstrate the upmost professionalism and integrity while creating a climate of trust and respect within the team. He/she must keep an open mind when dealing with customer and employee issues, listen to others and make fair and honest decisions accordingly. The store Manager monitors performance and takes immediate action on substandard performance. He/she is able to lead and create an overall positive customer and employee experience.
Other responsibilities include:
– Partnering with the District Supervisor to develop and implement strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets;
– Training store team (current employees and new hires) on company standards in accordance with the employee manual;
– Taking action with the support of the District Manager on poor performance and resolving conflicts;
– Retaining talent by motivating team and recognizing good performance;
– Conducting administrative and operational duties as required: opening and closing store per operational guidelines, ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to, etc.;
– Preparing and delivering a weekly schedule;
– Handling customer complaints and resolving them in a timely manner;
– Comply with all head office requests (through the Ardene intranet communication system) regarding all store operations (i.e.: price points, visual merchandising, marketing, payroll, human resources, etc.)
– Processing all incoming merchandising shipments;
– Handling all returns to head office as required;
– Comply with policy and regulations as per the company’s employee manual with regards to integrity and loss prevention.
– Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system.
– Minimum of 2-3 years retail management experience;
– High-school diploma;
– Strong merchandising and visual presentation skills;
– Excellent selling and customer service abilities;
– Solid business acumen;
– Proven people development skills and ability to assess talent;
– Excellent communication skills;
– Ability to delegate and follow up;
– Strong time management, and priority setting skills.
– Physical ability to stand for extended periods, climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above;
– Will be provided training on ear piercing.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Corner Brook, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20