Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-09-22
AQSA Travel Travel Consultan/Agent Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system. Investigate new travel areas, hotels and other amenities…
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Travel Agent is expected to perform day-to-day duties as outlined below:
- Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system.
- Sell travel products and travel insurance
- Provide customers with travel information and other details such as regulations, duty free allowances, health risks and requirements, attractions and special events
- Prepare marketing materials;
- Investigate new travel areas, hotels and other amenities;
- Develop contact lists; Calculate costs, process refunds and attend to other financial transactions;
- Attend to cancellations and schedule changes;
- Provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options; * Manage disputes and conflicts with customers;
- Perform general office duties;
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, business administration, or any management filed; degree strongly preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the travel industry
- Comprehensive experience in the use of Amadeus/Sabre and MS Office;
- Experience with Adventure travel; Leisure travel; International travel; Individual travel; Group travel; Government travel; Domestic travel; Business travel; Cruise ship. * Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Sitting; Tight deadlines.
- Take the initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibile; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focused; Reliable; Organized; and Self-managed.
Job Type: Full-time