OverviewApotex Packaging Technician (Toronto Location) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Packaging Technician (Toronto Location)
Previous Packaging Operator experience in a GMP environment i.e. Food / Pharmaceutical industry is an asset. Packaging operations is responsible for filling and…
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
Org. Unit Descriptor:
- Packaging operations is responsible for filling and / or sealing quality pharmaceutical products in a variety of finished goods formats. Working closely with cross-functional teams, packaging operations delivers solid oral dose bottles, solid oral dose blisters, Class 3 and 4 High Potency products and suspensions.
- Work as a team member to meet and exceed the operation targets in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Demonstrate safe practices, and ensure compliance with company values, policies, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), when performing daily duties and interacting with others.
- Strive to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively seek and accepts positive and constructive feedback from colleagues and leadership.
- Comply with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario as well as Apotex policies, and procedures.
- Prevent safety incidents / accidents proactively by attending regular safety meetings as required, and applying relevant knowledge to daily packaging operations.
- Report all safety incidents, near misses, and accidents immediately, following Safe Work Procedures (SWP’s).
- Embrace a safety culture in the workplace with zero tolerance of incidents and accidents.
- Build highest quality into the products by performing all packaging duties according to relevant Standard Operation Documents (SOD’s).
- Access the corporate official sources, such as ApoWeb, to check most updated information / documents as necessary.
- Exhibit Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Conduct quality checks as directed by higher level technicians, supervisors, and / or in-process Quality Assurance members (IPQA / QAIP).
- Report all quality deviations immediately, following proper operation procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous improvements at workplace and proactively prevent quality deviations from occurring.
- Execute Packaging Orders (PO) with efficiency and effectiveness according to the company SOD’s and regulatory requirements.
- Operate all packaging equipment within specifications and provide accurate detail to mechanical staff regarding equipment problems.
- Maintain proper supplies of packaging components during the operations.
- Participate in the changeover process, including sanitation and set-up (assembly and disassembly), to meet and exceed established standards.
- Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment required for specific tasks.
- Communicate necessary information timely and accurately with others.
- Support the team to deliver the expected business results with dedication and integrity.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent.
- Proven ability to express oneself clearly in English (written and verbal), understand, and follow verbal and written work instructions without errors.
- Previous Packaging Operator experience in a GMP environment i.e. Food / Pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
- Proven Technical Competency.
- Numeric skills to understand and achieve business targets.
- Able to meet the standard physical demands in a manufacturing environment.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills.
- Basic experience in the use of internet environment and MS office tools.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11