OverviewApotex Industrial Electronics Technician Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Industrial Electronics Technician
Document electrical modifications and installations. Working in a participative problem-solving environment, responsible for all electrical and electronic…
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
Working in a participative problem-solving environment, responsible for all electrical and electronic aspects of the selection, installation, maintenance and continuous improvement of packaging equipment. This includes troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, updating documentation, of packaging equipment.
- Improve safety, productivity and regulatory compliance of packaging and production equipment and processes throughout the designated facilities.
- Diagnose, maintain, modify and repair machine control systems and hardware/software interfaces including programmable controllers, MMIs, and embedded processor systems.
- Document electrical modifications and installations. Use electrical documentation to diagnose electrical and electronic problems and complete the necessary repairs. Report problems with existing equipment and recommend solutions for improvements utilizing the current validated QA process.
- All work must be completed in full compliance with Ontario Electrical Safety Code, current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), good documentation practices (GDP), and Apotex Inc. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Select and specify hardware and supplies required to carry out job, this includes cross referencing and substituting OEM components for locally manufactured parts.
- Initiate, review, re-write, and communicate Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions related to this job.
- Diagnose, repair and calibrate electronic equipment to component level, this involves fault finding at circuit board level and replacing the suspect component with an original part or cross referenced substitute.
- Plan and initiate projects from the design stage, sourcing components and coordinating outside Support vendors. Responsibilities also include executing IQ, OQ and pre-validation testing.
- All work performed to meet ESA and CSA standards.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Participation and completion of a recognized apprenticeship program.
- Hold a current electrical license 309A. (Construction and Maintenance).
- An Industrial Electrician or Construction and Maintenance Electricians license with 7 years’ experience troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- An Electronics, or Electro-Mechanical Technician or Technologist Diploma would be a definitive asset.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley SLC500 Programmable Logic Controllers using RS Logix500 software. Extensive Knowledge on Omron, Siemens Simatic 7, Klockner Muller, and Toshiba PLCs is a definitive asset.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills that enable this person to plan, and complete projects in time to meet business demands. This individual should be self-motivated and possess a willingness to learn new skills.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, WD Tool Box, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project is essential.
- Please note that employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31