OverviewApotex Executive Administrator Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Scheduling termination meetings and arranging for outplacement services and. Liaising with the executive payroll and Employee Services to ensure that proper…
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
Provide executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Global Talent & Organization Development and to Centres of Expertise (CoE) Senior Leadership Team, Director, Global Total Rewards and Director, Global Talent & Organizational Capability. Provides back-up to Mobility Specialist and other HR administrative staff as required.
Job Responsibilities related to SVP support:
1. Support the SVP, Global T&OD in all aspects of executive administration. Co-ordinate meetings, conferences, manage the SVP’s daily schedule and respond to both internal and external inquiries. Prepare a variety of correspondences and documents including emails, letters, reports, and presentations.
2. Co-ordinate and attend the Global HRLT Meetings and H.R. Department Meetings. This includes establishing meeting dates; preparing the agenda and presentation materials; recording and preparing minutes of the meetings.
3. Assist with the preparation of official correspondence for all executives including: offer letters, promotion letters, compensation letters and termination and retirement packages. This includes:
- preparing letters;
- ensuring all required documentation is duly signed by the executive
- completing position change forms
- when necessary, working with Apotex legal counsel to complete documentation,
- liaising with the executive payroll and Employee Services to ensure that proper documentation is provided and changes are processed in a timely manner,
- liaising with facilities on matters pertaining to employee property,
- scheduling termination meetings and arranging for outplacement services and.
- maintaining files for each executive.
4. Compile and co-ordinate the annual HR Budget/Headcount reports for SVP, Global T&OD. Responsible for accurate data entry in SAP and tracking of overall budget expenditures throughout the fiscal year. Complete cheque requests; obtain approvals; process invoices for payment; reconcile the budget on a monthly basis; follow-up with Accounts Payable on behalf of vendors on outstanding invoice issues; process expense reports.
5. Work closely with HR Directors and Apotex Executives on special assignments, as required, on various business related matters while maintaining the strictest levels of confidentiality.
6. Represent the SVP’s office in a professional manner and ensure that any emergency issues are handled promptly and that all parties are kept well informed.
7. Suggest and implement process improvements related to administrative tasks and programs, as necessary.
8. Represent and support Apotex and the HR department in a professional manner.
Job Responsibilities related to CoE support:
9. Responsible for providing administrative support including but not limited to:
• Provision of standard SAP reports as requested
• Preparation of PowerPoint presentations
• Completion of letters and memos
10. Coordinate meetings as required, this may include scheduling meetings, developing agendas, completing minutes.
11. Act as the HR liaison for HR ApoWeb content and ensure that relevant content is updated and maintained as required.
12. Provide back up as required to ensure all non-documentation training records are filed daily Process and file all Master & Electronic Signature forms upon receipt during New Employee Orientation
13. Provide back-up coordination to the 4100 Weston Road Training centre as required.
14. Process and file invoices; track budget expenses.
15. Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
16. Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
17. Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
18. All other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in business, office administration, or a related program.
• Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to deal professionally with individuals at all levels within the organization, as well as with external contacts.
• Demonstrated ability, through previous work experience in a Human Resources environment, to act as an administrative/executive assistant in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
• Sense of urgency in dealing with issues.
• Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
• Advanced computer skills and strong technical knowledge of various computer software packages including Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), E-mail, Internet and Human Resources Information Systems (preferably SAP). Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and oral, in English.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Please note that employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24