OverviewApex Technology Innovations Inc. Hadoop Admin Contract in Alberta
Apex Technology Innovations Inc.
Branch AB CA
Software installation and configuration. Kerberos Setup, Installation and Configuration experience. Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:….
Position Title: Hadoop Admin
Project Location: Edmonton, AB
Contract Duration: Full Time
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
- Hortonworks certified professional will be preferred.
- Java programming knowledge to write monitoring program.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios , ambari and other tools.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Software installation and configuration.
- Database backup and recovery.
- Database connectivity and security.
- Disk Space Management.
- Kerberos Setup, Installation and Configuration experience
Education Level Required: Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12