OverviewAon Broking Analyst Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certificates/designation….
Broking Analyst 2416192 Full-time ON-Toronto Broker Group
Aon Is Looking For A Broking Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Risk Solutions business group in Toronto, Ontario. As a Broking Analyst, you will report directly to the National Broking Strategy and Operations Manager.
Your Impact As A Broking Analyst
National Broking Strategy & Operations – Department Overview
The overall function of the team is to execute on global broking strategies within Canada to manage revenue and revenue growth through broking levers.
The primary responsibilities include developing tools, resources, standards and best practices related to broking in collaboration with various stakeholder departments, in addition to centralized management of strategic initiatives and projects. These projects, initiatives and areas of responsibility typically fall within the following areas: Operational Excellence/Talent Management, Data & Analytics and Insurer Relations.
Key functions assigned to this role would include the following:
- Oversight of the National Broking Learning Series program including content development, marketing, logistics and post-event administration increasing technical knowledge of teams and mitigating organization exposure to E&O’s
- Produce current monthly Carrier and Departmental Performance Reports, with expectations to expand and scale the scope of these reports in collaboration with the StratOps team
- Provide centralized reporting support for the business on individual inquiries related to clients, industries, brokers or new business proposals
- Communications including bi-weekly newsletter, ad hoc announcements and articles for industry publications/journals
- Reviews and analyzes data to support Broking initiatives
- Ensure accuracy of data inputs into the Xpress system, working with team members/colleagues nationally
- Provide follow up and monitor progress of reporting improvement initiatives
- Build relationships with other departments and functions to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall reporting direction.
- Work with Canadian Data Steward to create and maintain tables which ensure proper mapping of data elements between national and international systems,
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional business acumen
- Project management experience or skills an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines, while demonstrating responsibility for accuracy of the final product
- Demonstrates initiative through the ability to problem solve and present alternative courses of action when faced with barriers
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a national team
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certificates/designation
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon
‘s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities). DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19