OverviewAnnapolis Valley Regional School Board DJHG School Secretary Full Time in Nova Scotia
Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
Branch NS CA
DJHG School Secretary
Completion of a recognized secretarial program. A minimum of two years recent relevant secretarial experience….
The Strait Regional School Board is entrusted, under The Education Act of Nova Scotia, to deliver the public school program to approximately 6,300 students in 21 schools throughout the counties of Antigonish, Guysborough, Inverness and Richmond. The Strait Regional School Board, with the support of approximately 970 staff members, works diligently to influence its vision of excellence in lifelong learning. Located in the northeastern part of Nova Scotia, the School Board’s jurisdiction encompasses an area of approximately 11,000 square kilometers with a population of 54,972.
The Strait Regional School Board invites applications from qualified candidates for the posted vacancy. In accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement, senior qualified candidates will be given preference. Candidates who apply for more than one position may rank their applications in order of preference.
7.0 hours per day – 10 month position
Effective dates: Anticipated to start 12/19/2016
Deadline for applications: 12/15/2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- Perform reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting visitors and general public, handling staff, student and public inquiries presenting a positive image of the school when dealing with students, teachers and general public;
- Type all school correspondence, reports and documentation, prepare all correspondence and sort and distribute incoming mail;
- Handle money from global school funds and student funds and to keep accurate accounts and banking for same in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures;
- Record and submit absences and attendances for employees at their site;
- Input and access information from the student information system under the direction of school administration and generate related reports and documentation as required;
- Compile reports and statistics as required by the principal, school board office and the Department of Education;
- Compile bulk orders for school needs and assist in the preparation of ordering including school book bureau orders;
- Other related duties as assigned.
*High School Completion Certificate or Grade 12 Diploma
*Completion of a recognized secretarial program
*Completion of a recognized bookkeeping/accounting program and/or training, experience and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Simply Accounting software
*Technology training within the last five years, or the equivalent in experience
*A minimum of two years recent relevant secretarial experience
*Proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet, accounting, and email applications
*Excellent oral and written skills
*Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
*Ability to work with minimum supervision
*Ability to work cooperatively with students, staff and the public.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high level of technology skills and may be required to do practical testing in any of the following applications: Simply Accounting, Student Information System, Microsoft Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Internet Search.
*Preference will be given to those who have training/experience in using student information system software.
Your application must include at least three (3) work-related references; one must be your most recent supervisor. All candidates short listed for an interview will have references checked prior to being interviewed.
The Strait Regional School Board appreciates your expression of interest for employment. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check on the status of their applications in Successfactor under My Applications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07