OverviewAnalyst, New Business Development in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Analyst, New Business Development
Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we… Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online banking and online brokerage, as well as to…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Retail Markets provides a full range of financial products and services to almost 11 million personal, small business and wealth clients, as well as investment management services globally to retail and institutional clients. With approximately 28,000 employees, CIBC Retail Markets has a broad distribution network serving clients through more than 1,000 branches, as well as CIBC Wood Gundy offices and President’s Choice Financial in-store pavilions. Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online banking and online brokerage, as well as to Canada’s second largest ABM network.
The incumbent will report to the Senior Director, New Business Development and will support new business development activities (including initial concept development, market assessment, business casing and implementation) for new payments products and services to support CIBC’s profitable revenue growth and enhanced client experience objectives while following good governance and risk management principles.
CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT & MARKET ASSESSMENT:
- Support assessment and identification of market opportunities for new payments products and services.
- Contribute to qualitative and quantitative market research plans and survey design.
- Research competitive market penetration and product capabilities.
- Monitor for relevant legal and environmental changes that may impact new business development opportunities.
- Support RFI and RFP opportunities received by CIBC from potential co-brand partners and contribute to the development of CIBC responses to market RFIs and RFPs.
- Contribute to the pitch process, when CIBC pursues new partners for co-branding relationships or other strategic opportunities (including business/financial assessment and pitch presentations).
- Support business cases for new business development opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of project goals, product features, pricing, revenue, customer offer, distribution, associated costs and detailed cost benefit analysis.
IMPLEMENTATION & DELIVERY:
- Participate in business and technology requirements sessions ensuring all requirements meet the needs of the project and an enhanced client experience.
- Liaise with functional groups across CIBC to solicit input into requirements and implementation activities.
- Support and contribute to marketing and promotional plans, including branding, product positioning, client communications, marketing collateral and product design.
- Work with internal and external partners in communicating new business development/launch information through training and communication/promotional programs to sales and support staff.
- Manage and maintain electronic records of new business project correspondents including contracts, approvals, key decisions and requirements.
- Identify and escalate any issues to the Senior Director in a timely manner.
- Track project spend against invoices received and planned spend.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the New Business Development strategy.
- Contribute to presentations for senior executive teams as required.
- Support key strategic initiatives as identified and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- University degree with a concentration on business, marketing, or sales would be an asset.
- Subject matter expertise on the financial services industry and on consumer payments products (specifically co-brands and prepaid) would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of marketing communication principles in all mediums as they apply to new product launch promotions and materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal groups and suppliers.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to multi-task.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguous situations.
- Strong self-leadership and self-starter skills.
Accountability & Results Oriented
Forward & Strategic Thinking
Impact & Influence
Teamwork & Partnering
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-10