Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-05-23
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc Maitre D’ Full Time in North York, ON
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc
Branch North York ON CA
North York, ON
Food Handling Certificate. The Maitre d’ is responsible for the management and delivery of service excellence in the Dining Room and other food service…
Amica at Bayview Gardens
The Maitre d’ is responsible for the management and delivery of service excellence in the Dining Room and other food service locations. The Maitre d’ provides strong leadership contributing to a stable teamwork environment, motivation and compassionate service delivery in all areas of the culinary services department.
Direct the daily operation of the Dining Room, ensuring the professional delivery of dining services and following established budgetary guidelines.
Establish and maintain a high standard of service excellence through teamwork, motivation and strong leadership.
Support, coach and develop all team members in order to build trust and stability amongst team members and for our residents.
Welcome, escort (as needed) and seat residents in the dining room in a warm and hospitable manner.
Assist with menu presentation, recommendations, napkin placement, and quality checks with the goal of creating a very special dining experience for each resident and guest at every meal.
Plan, implement and evaluate dining room service levels to ensure residents’ service needs are exceeded.
Liaise with residents, the Director of Culinary Services (DCS) and the culinary services team to ensure optimal quality of meals and service.
Respond immediately to individual resident and guest needs and requirements in a formal dining room setting.
Maintain the ambiance of the dining room appearance, cleanliness, lighting, staff grooming and etiquette.
- Manage and lead dining room service team members; support all aspects of the recruitment and selection process, team member development, payroll administration, performance evaluation, discipline and termination.
- Prepare duty rosters/tasking for each shift in a timely manner and ensure adequate staffing levels, in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Lead new team member employee orientation to the dining room; provide on-the-job training, initially and ongoing, to support team members in performing their job duties.
- Provide support to the entire dining and kitchen team to achieve total quality service.
- Coach team members on their job performance in a positive and constructive manner in order to elevate their skills as well as residents’ experience.
- Actively listen and promptly respond to team members issues and concerns.
Budget and Administration
- Helps the DCS to manage departmental budget; forecasts and develops budget requirements for dining services. Monitors and reports expenditures according to financial policies and procedures.
- Inputs food orders into the Central Ordering system in the DCS’s absence.
- Promotes and executes in house and catered events including, but not limited to, candlelight dinner, monthly buffet brunch, themed dinners, wine tasting, private catered parties bistro and pub events.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures specific to the dining room, in consultation with the DCS and General Manager.
- Provide support to the management team; performs managerial duties and functions for other departments as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Health and Safety
- Strong experience in fine dining service with demonstrated knowledge of formal dining room service.
- A passion and understanding of food and beverage, including wine and cocktail knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; team player skilled with motivating and coaching others.
- Proven leadership abilities; approachable and diplomatic decision making style.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented, with good organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond with a sense of urgency when required while maintaining a positive outlook when under pressure.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience in a fine dining service environment.
- Five 5 years progressive experience in a variety of dining environments.
- Food Handling Certificate.
- Smart Serve or other approved alcohol service Certificate.
- Previous hotel / restaurant management experience in a fine dining property.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs of dishes, etc.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Regular demands of a kitchen and dining room environment.
Position vacant until filled.