OverviewAmerisourceBergen Field and Infusion Nurse Part Time in Whistler, BC
Branch Whistler BC CA
Field and Infusion Nurse
Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs….
Field and Infusion Nurse – 00001HGM
Our dynamic Nursing team is growing!
Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen is seeking Field & Infusion Nurses for various locations across Canada to support our growing business.
In British Columbia, we are actively recruiting a Nurse in Vancouver.
We offer casual hours flexible to the availability of the successful candidate.
This role provides specialized infusion/injection therapies and nursing services to oncology, auto-immune and rare disease patients in outpatient clinics or homecare settings. This position offers patients and healthcare providers with continuous education and support with regard to the diseases and therapies they are managing. The ideal candidate demonstrates effective coordination and communication in servicing patients, care givers and our clients.
- Administer medications (IV, IM and SC) in the patient’s home or specialty clinics setting
- Monitor post-injection/infusion treatments as well as chart and report on all activities as directed by program protocols
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
- Regular, predictable availability to meet appointment scheduling needs in an efficient and cost effective manner to provide patients with quick access to necessary therapies
- Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
- Participate regularly in telephone consultations and/or web based meetings/training sessions with the District Manager to share information, and uphold professional practice standards
- Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs
- Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations and the company
- Qualified Registered Nurse (valid provincial license from the College of Nurses)
- Healthcare provider CPR certificate required
- 1 year of regular IV initiation and infusion experience
- Experience in a critical care, emergency, acute care inpatient/outpatient or homecare setting are considered assets
- ACLS, CVAA Certification, and central venous lines/port experience are considered assets
- Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook (e-mail), and MS Word
- Access to a home computer with an internet connection, printer, fax machine, and cell phone for making and confirming appointments/assignments
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, and our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision as part of a larger remote team
- Able to travel to clinics and homecare appointments within a set geographical boundary
- Possess a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and car insurance
Organization : Specialty Group
Job : Operations Jobs
Schedule : Part-time
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Whistler
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Whistler, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25