OverviewAmerican Express Specialized Premium Travel Consultant Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Specialized Premium Travel Consultant
American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible…
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services provides expert advice and servicing in all aspects of Travel and Lifestyle to some of American Express’ elite card holders. Our dedicated teams of consultants are always on hand to support our most valued customers with everything from a romantic meal for two to booking a ‘round the world’ anniversary trip. Our Consultants within the specialist Travel team provide a bespoke service to customers travelling in Canada and across the world.
Do you believe you can deliver the ultimate experience in customer service and provide unique insight into the travel destinations or the latest in ‘what’s hot and what’s not’? Then we want to hear from you today. This role involves working within our service centre, taking incoming calls from customers and providing a knowledgeable and consultative service based on your own experience and expert knowledge of the industry. Using effective questioning and relationship building, you will be able to make personalized recommendations and bookings through your understanding of the products and benefits available, and your ability to match these to the customers’ requirements.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications • Bilingualism (French) an asset or Cantonese
- The ability to communicate with our customers is vital to your success in this role, this is about being able to adapt your approach to the customer, provide personal insight and build a strong and lasting relationship. Your customer interaction will mainly be on the phone but strong written skills via e-mail are also very important.
- Our customers have very different requirements from call to call so you will be able to identify these through the relationship you build and confidently match products and services to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- You must be IT literate as you will need to be able to understand and use internet search sites and e-mail in addition to the Sabre GDS and other in-house systems. There is a great deal of multi-tasking involved in this roles and your ability to quickly and confidently navigate a number of systems at once will be vital.
- Research / information gathering and problem solving skills are essential, you will deal with a wide variety of enquiries so your ability to ‘think on your feet’ and provide in-depth solutions quickly and efficiently is essential.
- Time management skills are a must – due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, you will need to be re-prioritizing your workload regularly in order to meet your deadlines.
- Sales experience will be required so that you can cross-sell relevant products and services.
- The customer experience is our top focus so you will have a strong desire to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- Call centre experience would be advantageous.
- Flexible to work shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Sabre Experience
- Must be TICO certified.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31