OverviewAmerican Express Client Manager, Western Canada Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Client Manager, Western Canada
Travel requirement will be approximately 25% with more significant travel in first 6 months. The role of the Client Manager offers a great opportunity to…
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
The merchant network of American Express, acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants who welcome American Express-branded cards. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner of our merchant customers, while simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services that meet or exceed customer needs and drive revenue growth and premium economics for both our merchants and American Express. Client Managers are responsible for establishing deep, personal, mutually-beneficial and profitable, long-lasting relationships with merchant accounts. They deliver value to merchants through unique insights and differentiation. By developing an in-depth understanding of the merchant’s organization and industry, and applying knowledge of Amex, Client Managers serve as consultants within Merchant Services to develop and sell customized Amex-wide solutions that help merchants manage and optimize their investments, payment processing and card experiences. The role of the Client Manager offers a great opportunity to leverage and develop relationship management and consultative selling skills, while working in a challenging, yet collaborative environment. This position is based out of Calgray. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a defined group of managed merchant accounts located primarily in Alberta.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Primary responsibilities include:Relationship Management:
- Managing and deepening merchant relationships
- Demonstrating Amex’s value proposition to our merchants
- Monitoring health of merchant experience (e.g., processing, disputes, fraud)
- Proactively addressing potential regulatory changes
- Negotiating contracts
- Participating in pricing initiatives
- Driving expansion of Amex card acceptance with our merchants
- Driving Fee-Based Revenue product sales (e.g., merchant-specific reports on customer behavior)
- Developing and working with internal partners to execute B2B spend alignment initiatives and marketing programs
- Negotiating with internal Amex partners
- Participating in special projects
- Amex and industry-specific compliance activities as required
- Strong relationship management and B2B consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain, and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within a portfolio
- Demonstrated success in account / pipeline management and strategic account and portfolio planning
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills
- Superior customer focus and drive for results
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong financial acumen
- Market / Industry knowledge
- Payments industry knowledge (preferred)
- Digital/On-line Industry knowledge (an asset)
- 3-5+ years successful sales / relationship management and business development experience required
- Prior experience partnering with senior level decision makers up to the C-level is required
- Bachelors degree required
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to travel is a must with this position. Travel requirement will be approximately 25% with more significant travel in first 6 months.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22