Overview

Amec Foster Wheeler Health, Safety & Environment Field Coordinator, Senior Full Time in Esterhazy, SK

Amec Foster Wheeler

Branch Esterhazy SK CA

Position:
Health, Safety & Environment Field Coordinator, Senior
Location:
Esterhazy, SK

Highlighting HSSE issues, making recommendations and/or issue instructions (based on reports, audits, and incident analysis) that will be implemented to enhance…

Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining business is seeking an experienced Senior Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Field Coordinator located at our Mosaic Esterhazy project site near Esterhazy, SK. Reporting to the field HSE Manager, the successful candidate will administer the Amec Foster Wheeler safety program and policies at the construction site in Esterhazy . The position follows an 80/20 principle which requires 80% of time spent in the field with the remaining 20% allocated to office related duties. If you thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you.

Responsibilities:

  • Preparing and maintaining the project HSSE Execution Plan, reflecting the scope of work and risk profile;
  • Maintaining the effectiveness and continued development of the HSSE management system and providing direction and support to its application on the project;
  • Providing assistance and guidance to project and construction management teams regarding planning, and execution strategies for HSSE activities on the project;
  • Implementing an assurance strategy to monitor compliance against the project HSSE Execution Plan and HSSE procedures;
  • Establishing a working relationship with Subcontractors HSSE Representatives, and enlist services and facilities when required. Ensuring an adequate interface with relevant stakeholders (such as subcontractors, Client, enforcing authorities, local communities) in matters related to HSSE;
  • Examining HSSE trends and proposing actions to prevent recurrence of incidents, accidents, and near-misses;
  • Advising project management on current and future legislation affecting work done under the contract;
  • Highlighting HSSE issues, making recommendations and/or issue instructions (based on reports, audits, and incident analysis) that will be implemented to enhance HSSE performance;
  • Providing HSSE support, guidance and leadership to contractor management, supervision and craft; and
  • Participating and if required facilitate in Root Cause Analysis of major incidents

Qualifications:

  • Minimum 5 years of HSE advisory experience on medium to large scale, heavy industrial projects;
  • Due to the large percentage of time spent in the field, candidates must be able to perform physical activities such as extended periods of walking in areas of uneven ground conditions in varying environmental conditions, climbing stairs, scaffolds and ladders, entering confined spaces and excavations. Additionally, extended periods of time are spent driving around the construction footprint in a four wheel drive pick-up truck over varying, sometimes very rough terrain with frequent need to access/egress vehicle to check on status of work;
  • Recognized Safety Certification by accredited association;
  • Strong understanding of the Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations; and
  • Strong skills in MS Word/Excel/Outlook.

If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.

www.amecfw.com/careers

Amec Foster Wheeler is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.

By submitting your resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.

or proceed with Standard Application Form.

Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Esterhazy, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23
Posted by: