OverviewAmazon Senior Online Marketing Specialist (12 month contract) Temporary in Victoria, BC
Branch Victoria BC CA
Senior Online Marketing Specialist (12 month contract)
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness…
AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms”.
About the Role
As a part of our mission, you will drive customer acquisition initiatives for AbeBooks global domains, with a focus on automated solutions for email, free & paid search, affiliate marketing and other paid initiatives. You will manage and optimize main landing pages for acquisition traffic.
As a Senior Online Marketing Specialist, you will build the strategy and planning of AbeBooks online marketing channel management including: developing channel strategies and tactics to achieve sales goals, conducting experiments and driving the creation of a strong, adaptable reporting framework; and working closely with engineering and marketing teams to maximize sales in the most effective way. Last but not the least, you will be surrounded by smart and approachable colleagues and talented peers, all while living in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract position.
You’re an experienced and analytical online marketer with a strong operational bias, good business judgment and an ability to deliver results. You will be successful if you:
- Achieve goals set for the marketing channels including sales, traffic and level of efficiency.
- Design experiments and leverage various tools to implement A/B or multivariate tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the effectiveness of online initiatives.
- Provide expert perspective on approaches, technique, tools, and visualizations in resolving marketing-related business problems.
- Identify opportunities in conjunction with fellow Marketing Specialists to optimize our online advertising efforts, to encourage visits and increase conversion.
- Develop a reliable, efficient and actionable reporting framework to measure marketing performance to be used within the Online Marketing team and to be distributed to the Senior Management Team on a periodical basis.
- Work to create automated reports, dashboards to track online advertising at a global level.
- Collaborate with the Amazon teams & fellow subsidiaries to take advantage of the potential synergies, share relevant strategies, and perform joined initiatives whenever possible.
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables… the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
Basic Qualifications Candidate’s profile should include the following characteristics:
- 4+ years’ experience in a related online marketing role.
- Familiar with online marketing tools such as Affiliates, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, SEOMoz, Webmaster Tools, etc.
- Thorough understanding of testing, experimentation, measurement, and marketing analytics.
- Experience with analytical tools and Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, etc).
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications Nice-to-Haves:
- Experience with business intelligence tools (R, SAS, Tableau, etc.) and SQL an asset.
- You are fluent in a second language of French, German, or Spanish.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08