AMAPCEO Systems Administrator / Developer Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Systems Administrator / Developer
Performs software upgrades/modifications and installation on employee workstations, liaises with the network consultants on the server side upgrade…
This position is responsible for the administration, implementation, analysis and maintenance of all software and program systems such as databases, tracking systems and any other systems required.
Major responsibilities include :
- Provides database administration support to the AMAPCEO office:
- Maintains computerized membership database, updating information, transferring and sorting records between databases
- Generates variance reports from database information and performs monthly reconciliation
- Liaises with Employers for dues files and downloading files to the database system monthly
- Liaises with Employers to determine dues discrepancies and general information on monthly reports
- Produces ad hoc variance reports as requested and approved
- Archives database information manually and electronically; Maintains files of archived material
- Recommends database upgrades, troubleshoots database problems, create procedures for monitoring database discrepancies using existing software
- Provides expert advice to AMAPCEO membership regarding benefits of membership and current membership status
- Provides expert advice to AMAPCEO corporate staff regarding the interpretation of membership and position information
- Responds to general work requested for senior staff
- Administers database updates received through website forms
- Trains new employees on membership database functions and usage.
- Develops database applications for the AMAPCEO office:
- Works with various AMAPCEO departments to ensure the database application meets all business requirements
- Designs, implements, develops, and tests relational SQL databases
- Develops customized applications using MS Access or Visual Studio (VB.net)
- Manages internal database security implementing both database application and SQL Server level security functionality
- Monitors and administers SQL Server backup procedure and maintenance plan
- Implements the on-going development of the database applications to meet changing business needs
- Develops and maintains custom software documentation.
- Support and back-up Information Technology and Network Administrator position including but not exclusively:
- Maintains and monitors all network requirements for the office, diagnose and troubleshoot network problems as reported
- Provides technical support to staff on office computer software and hardware problems, office equipment; Troubleshoots problems with office equipment (printers, copiers, scanner, faxes, postage machine)
- Aids in training of staff on computer software programs
- Liaises with internet service provider for office needs, setup and maintain internet email accounts; Sets up office employee workstations with role appropriate software applications, troubleshoots computer performance issues
- Performs software upgrades/modifications and installation on employee workstations, liaises with the network consultants on the server side upgrade/installations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess:
- Relevant post-secondary education and at least 5-years’ related Systems and Database development experience preferably in a union or non-profit environment;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows SQL Server 2008+ and MS Access 2010+
- Strong working knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in using PC/networked computer to produce word processed materials, use database and email;
- Strong network security and configuration knowledge; Strong knowledge of desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and their applications in data processing; Excellent knowledge of SQL database administration and development; Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic and Access database administration and development; Active Directory Administration
- Sound technical knowledge in Microsoft Exchange 2010, Windows 2003/2008 Server Software; Sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 10 and higher Operating System software; Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Administration
- Strong aptitude for detailed analytical work; Working knowledge of AMAPCEO and structure, administrative structures and roles
- Excellent clerical, database and administrative skills and a sound working knowledge of office procedures and practices; Working knowledge of functions and capabilities of office equipment, servers and computers to provide technical support to staff
Work Location : AMAPCEO Office, 1 Dundas Street West, Suite 2310, Toronto, Ontario.
All interested applicants should submit a résumé with covering letter by e-mail to the attention of Farrah Charania, Manager, Human Resources and Administrative Services by Friday, February 17, 2017, before 4:00 p.m. , A copy of the job description is available upon request.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please provide your contact information. AMAPCEO is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Contract
- Windows SQL Server 2008+, MS Access 2010+, SQL database administration and development; Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic; Active Directory Administration: 5 years
- Related Systems and Database development experience preferably in a union or non-profit environment: 5 years