OverviewALTIS / EXCEL Communication Co-ordinator Full Time in Quebec City, QC
ALTIS / EXCEL
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Quebec City, QC
Weekend and evening work will be required. This is a fantastic opportunity with a meaningful organization here in Ottawa!…
Fundraising and Business Development Officer
Ottawa Centre – Tunney’s Pasture
Two weeks +
Bilingual an asset
From: $50000 To: $60000
Do you have Fundraising and Donor Relations experience? Have you worked with major gift giving and online giving? Have you worked for a non-profit focused in International Development? This is a fantastic opportunity with a meaningful organization here in Ottawa!
Our client, a Canadian non-profit organization focused in human development and global education and training are seeking a Fund Development Specialist to work with donor stewardship and fundraising. This company offers programs and services which improve access to and the quality of education and employment opportunities for youth across Canada.
Role and Responsibilities
- Donor Stewardship:
- Maintain and nurture positive relationships with current donors.
– Identify and cultivate new major individual and corporate donors.
– Secure greater alumni participation in the organizationâ?Ts fundraising activities.
- Fundraising Activities:
- Secure sponsorship for the annual International Forum.
– Secure major individual and corporate gifts.
– Develop and coordinate direct mail and other fundraising initiatives.
– Develop and implement a legacy giving program.
- Fundraising Support:
- Develop fundraising materials and tools â?” including for online donor engagement.
– Coordinate online giving.
– Develop and maintaindonor databases, including Raiserâ?Ts Edge.
– Provide regular reports and recommendations on fundraising efforts.
Qualifications and Experience
– Bachelorâ?Ts degree in business or a related field.
– 5 years of successful, direct experience in fundraising, including the solicitation of online giving, major gifts and planned giving.
– Additional experience in sales and marketing.
– Strong communications abilities â?” written and verbal for diverse audiences.
– Ability to work in Bilingual environment
– Experience working for a non-profit International Development organization.
– Ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
– Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and dollar goals.
– Must be able to travel across the country.
– Weekend and evening work will be required. Time in lieu will be provided.
– Strong working knowledge of Raiserâ?Ts Edge and data management.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred field of study: International Business
Apply Online 20150121.27
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Quebec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24