OverviewAlterna Savings Learning & Development Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Learning & Development Specialist
Banking System Training. Develop and implement e-learning solutions (social learning, webinars, other learning portals, LMS)….
The Learning and Development Specialist reports to the Organizational Development Team Lead and supports the design, development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of key talent development and talent management programs to enhance the capabilities of employees.
1. Design & Development of Online and In-Person Learning Initiatives including but not limited to:
Role Specific Learning Programs
• Contributing to the development and implementation of learning road maps for all positions.
• Co-ordinates completion of road maps with the OD team.
• Contributes to development of learning content in conjunction with subject matter experts.
• Regularly assess the impact of learning programs and chooses feedback to make content and delivery adjustments
Banking System Training
• Contributing to the design and implementation of Banking System Training to align with the business needs.
• Assist in conducting needs analysis to determine scope.
• Contributing to design, develop and execute a train-the-trainer model.
• Act as a resource to other banking system trainers throughout organization
• Co-ordinate the development of learning materials including manual, job aids etc.
Corporate Learning Initiatives
• Design and development of corporate wide learning initiatives based on core competencies, key strategies, and culture change agenda
Learning Management System
• Develop and implement e-learning solutions (social learning, webinars, other learning portals, LMS).
• Leverage the Learning Management System ([email protected]) to share, manage and track learning across Alterna.
• Contribute to the development and conduct e-learning needs analysis to provide recommendations to ensure Alterna is meeting the needs of delivery talent development programs.
• Monitor eLearning effectiveness through metric reporting.
2. Contributes to Talent Management Initiatives:
• Contributes to keeping the performance management current and supportive of organizational goals
• Supports the annual performance management cycle
• Builds management learning tools to support the effective use of performance management
• Regularly reviews and recommends program and/or process changes
• Supports the design, implementation and tracking of organizational succession plans and associated development plans for identified individuals
• Contributes to building development plans for key succession candidates
• Monitor effectiveness through metric reporting.
Educations / Certifications / Experience
• Post-secondary education, (or relevant combination of education and experience) in Adult Education or Training and Development, eLearning
• 2 to 3 years of experience in eLearning program and design
• Experience in a financial environment is a strong asset
• Intermediate with excel, powerpoint, and other applications
• Experience with Articulate Storyline (or other e-learning software) is an asset
• Change Management Certification is an asset
• Member of the CSTD or HRPA association
Knowledge & Skills
• Experience designing elearning
• Experience building talent development programs is preferred
• Experience with Learning Management Systems is preferred
• Working knowledge of finaincial services and or contact centers an asset
• A strong understanding of adult learning in a business environment and proven success at effectively incorporating best practices into learning programs.
• Strong initiative and self-starter.
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you’ll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined above.
* Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact the recruiter to let us know how we can accommodate you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10