OverviewAltaLink Safety Advisor- Field Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Safety Advisor- Field
Evaluate safe work plans (daily hazard assessments), bonding and grounding plans, and all safe work practices providing coaching as required….
Safety Advisor – Field
Full Time Permanent
Calgary, Alberta (Foothills office)
Mar 27 2015
AltaLink is Alberta’s largest transmission company, supplying safe and reliable electricity to more than 85% of Alberta’s population.
AltaLink is taking on new challenges in the middle of Canada’s fastest growing economy. We are doing everything in our power to attract and keep the best and brightest to expand our team of top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and record of safety and operational excellence. We were named as one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures of 2014 and we pride ourselves on being a best-in-class Canadian organization.
We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our growing team!
AltaLink has a commitment to ensure our employees and our contractor employees are competent in all safety and technical requirements to work in a high voltage environment. The Safety Advisor will assist AltaLink in meeting this commitment by acting as a business partner with workers and management providing coaching, consulting, and leading in the resolution of issues as they relate to health and safety standards, programs, and procedures. The Safety Advisor will provide onsite guidance for contractors related to safety procedures and regulation compliance. The Safety Advisor must thrive in an environment containing a high volume of projects and a diverse array of hazards that include high-voltage electrical work. The successful candidate must also enjoy working in a matrix environment while being able to self-direct and prioritize as needed.
· Provide guidance to line management and workers on safety issues related to the AltaLink safety management systems such as hazard assessments, PPE requirements, regulatory interpretation, meetings, statistics, training certification, etc.
· Maintain, update, and write safety standards and procedures as required using the organization’s internal experts as a resource.
· Develop and deliver public safety presentations and deliver safety training programs as required.
· Attend on-site pre-job safety meetings with contractors representing AltaLink as the prime contractor / owner. Evaluate safe work plans (daily hazard assessments), bonding and grounding plans, and all safe work practices providing coaching as required.
· Perform formal safety inspections and observations in order to document contractor safety performance related to safety regulations, procedures and guidelines.
· Degree/Diploma from a recognized technical school in a related field.
· Minimum of five years experience in a safety related function.
· Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or related safety designation such as the Canadian Registered Safety.
· Professional (CRSP) or ability to obtain.
· Knowledge of the OH&S Act, Regulations, and Code.
· Knowledge of safety management systems and their business application.
· Level Two Electrical Safety Codes Officer certification (or the ability to obtain) is considered an asset.
· Electrical Trades Certificate (Power line Technician or Power System Electrician) is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of the Safety Codes Act.
· Strong organization/time management skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively within a team.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Proven track record of good attendance and job performance.
AltaLink employees should be aware that we may contact your manager during the selection process.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to http://www.altalink.ca by Mar 27 2015.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21