OverviewALSTOM Contract Manager Full Time in La Prairie, QC
Branch La Prairie QC CA
La Prairie, QC
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally…
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 88,000 people in around 100 countries.
Alstom Grid is a leader in the grid management industry providing high-voltage equipment, engineered solutions, power electronics, automation, control rooms and service to utility and large industrial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting job opening for a Contract Manager.
The Contract Manager under the direction of the Project Director/Project Manager has overall responsibility for all Project contractual activities.
- Support the project execution start-up, prior to full Notice to Proceed, including Contract analysis and preparation of Project Contract Commercial Plan.
- Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from Sales until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- Identification of Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and development and implementation of the Project Contract Commercial Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
- Liaise with Project Planning Manager to ensure Contract Programme and appropriate schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained, to support Project Claim Strategy.
- Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Contract Commercial Plan.
- Preservation of Alstom’s rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners.
- Support the management ofclaims to/from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
- Ensuring appropriate recovery from third parties.
- Management of customer Variation Requests/Orders.
- Management of Project Insurances. Submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the policies.
- Establishment and implementation of project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications.
- Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referringto Legal.
- Providing Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Director and/or Management.
- Objectives, targets and performance measurements are defined on a yearly basis in line with the published business objectives and Project Director objectives. Main targets should be related to contract analysis, contract management, claims management, risk and opportunity identification and any commercial action plan.
- Access to all documentation related to the concerned projects.
- Access to concerned Project Directors, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Site Contract
- Manager, Project Planners and all other Project Team members as required. Access to the relevant databases and tools.
- Propose and draft Project Contract Commercial Plan including Project Claim Strategy.
- Provide notices to Alstom Customers, Consortium Partners and Insurances in consultation with Project Director.
- Authority to escalate any disagreement with the Project Director regarding contractual issues via his Line Management.
University Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law.
Experience in large complex capital projects (min 5years) and preferable some exposure to Site
Specific Knowledge and Skills
Understanding of Contract Law
Experience of high level negotiations
Strong communication skills
Understanding of project risk management
Fluency in written and spoken English
Alstom provides a competitive compensation and benefits plan. This role includes a retention bonus plan. Alstom will contact all selected candidates.
Alstom is fully engaged into pay equity and invite all qualified candidates to apply online on the Alstom career website.
Regions – BUSGRI012
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: La Prairie, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24