OverviewAlma Mater Society of UBC Vancouver Cooks – Flip Side Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Alma Mater Society of UBC Vancouver
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Cooks – Flip Side
This position is responsible for the day to day kitchen operation for Flip Side, including preparing and executing menus according to recipes….
Now hiring Part-time Cooks for Flip Side, the resident university burger eatery on UBC Campus!
Flip Side is the go-to burger spot on campus with wholesome ingredients and in house hand-made patties between fresh baked potato buns. Real food made to order that’s sure to hit the spot for all customers, including breakfast items perfect to start off the day!
The new Student Union Building – The AMS Student Nest – offers a robust mix of commercial retail, student services and a wide variety of restaurants and eateries, including Flip Side! For more information on the Nest, visit: http://www.ams.ubc.ca/nest/
This position is responsible for the day to day kitchen operation for Flip Side, including preparing and executing menus according to recipes. Ensures the quality and presentation of the food and promotes a safe and healthy work environment by following AMS Health & Safety. The ideal candidate has a positive and professional attitude and is a leader by example ensuring that the team members adhere to AMS standards at all times.
We offer a fun and energetic work environment with competitive wages, benefits and opportunity for growth within the organization!
Job Requirements Qualifications:
We’re looking for:
- Minimum of 6 months kitchen experience in a high volume facility (fast food, casual dining, etc)
- Minimum FOODSAFE level 1 certification or higher (can be completed after hire)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multitasking environment with little supervision
- Ability to do shift work (daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Good oral and written English communication skills
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18