Employment Type: Freelance
Sault Ste. Marie,
Posted on: 2016-09-20
Algoma Family Services Care and Treatment Worker, Relief Contract in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Algoma Family Services
Branch Sault Ste. Marie ON CA
Care and Treatment Worker, Relief
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Care and Treatment Worker – Relief*. Responsible for the maintenance of the behavioral plans when substituting for the regular Care and Treatment Worker plan…
POSITION TITLE : Care and Treatment Worker – Relief
REPORTING TO : Clinical Supervisor / Manager
- Child and Youth Worker Diploma, or equivalent training, plus a minimum of two (2) years experience working with children and families.
- Demonstrated ability in working with children and adolescents in a day treatment setting.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions, and carry them out and/or delegate.
- Demonstrated ability and maturity to act calmly in situations demanding quick assessment and immediate action.
- Demonstrated ability to working both independently and as an inter-disciplinary team member.
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply basic child and adolescent management approaches.
- Ability to utilize/access community/ professional resources.
- Knowledge of the application of clinical instruments as part of evaluative practice is an asset (i.e. CAFAS).
- Knowledge of pertinent legislation, such as, The Child and Family Services Act, The Education Act, and the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with Agency staff, consultants, referral sources, service providers, education personnel, and parents.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and data MIS.
- Possession of a current First Aid Certificate and CPR is required.
- Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License (minimum of Class G2 if over the age of 19, and Class G license if 19 and under), ability to travel, and use of a personal vehicle.
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participate as a member of the Treatment Planning Team, facilitating through the peer consult process, the development, maintenance, and ongoing review of a) individual treatment plans, and b) the day to day content of the program.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the behavioral plans when substituting for the regular Care and Treatment Worker plan developed for each child in the Care and Treatment Program Classroom setting, as determined by the Treatment Planning Team.
- Implement the policies and procedures developed by the Agency to ensure a safe and secure treatment environment in the day treatment program and in adventure based learning activities where applicable.
- Maintain consistent liaison and involvement with the guardian/family and collateral agencies (where applicable) regarding the child/youth, and maintain clear lines of communication on the client’s behalf.
- Provide individual, family and group psychoeducational services where applicable.
- Work in cooperation with the assigned case manager (as applicable), the Clinical Supervision, and other clinician assigned to ensure that client information is shared and the case plan is coordinated and supported in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Agency policies and procedures in regard to case recording, filing, and distribution of client records.
- Take initiative to develop a personal professional development plan.
- Assume other responsibilities as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Clinical Supervisor / Manager.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.75 /hour