OverviewAlberta Pensions Services Digital Content Specialist Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Pensions Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Digital Content Specialist
Online communications media such as images, video, podcasts, blogs, message boards, etc. The. Reporting to the Digital Media Team Lead, this individual is…
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS) is made up of hardworking, respectful and
talented individuals who understand and invite diversity into their workplace. Our employees bring
financial, business, communications, technology and client service expertise to the table every
To attract and retain employees of the highest calibre, we strive to focus on the people who make
the business successful. By incorporating engagement activities throughout the year, we continue
to strengthen our corporate culture and maintain a positive work environment for our employees.
APS is recruiting for a Digital Content Specialist.
The Digital Content Specialist is a member of the APS Strategic Stakeholder Relations team.
Reporting to the Digital Media Team Lead, this individual is responsible for creating and/or
acquiring content for the APS and Plan Board websites, intranet, email newsletters and other
online communications media such as images, video, podcasts, blogs, message boards, etc. The
Digital Content Specialist also reviews existing content and ensures it is up-to-date and accurate
and follows the established digital editorial guidelines.
- 2 years minimum experience in communications, ideally in social media and community
- Proven success in community building efforts either using social media or other platforms.
- English fluency necessary.
- Expertise in and strong knowledge of social media and web analytics programs.
- Familiarity with social media trends and keen interest in following shifts in the digital space.
- Social and digital marketing knowledge and experience ideal.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and implement solutions in a fast-paced environment within
- Superior interpersonal skills used to build positive relationships.
- Superior research, writing and editing skills.
- Familiar with writing guidelines/standards such as Chicago Manual of Style for online
- Superior critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through capabilities.
- High degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and
- Energetic, driven and goal-oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to prioritize, work under pressure and
meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Copes effectively with change, risk and uncertainty, can shift gears easily and handles
ambiguity or uncertainty well.
- Ability to proficiently use a variety of digital communications channels to ensure stakeholders
have the information they need when they need it.
- Ability to think strategically, weigh communications issues and offer effective solutions.
- Ability to understand complex information and communicate it in an understandable format.
- Proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships with employees.
- Ability to work as a team player with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of staff.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-driven, quick learner.
APS offers a comprehensive and flexible benefit package.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to Human Resources at
[email protected] Each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the
position you are applying for.
Please Note: If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please send a separate
submission for each competition. The successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo a
security screening as a condition of employment. This job posting may be used to fill current and
future vacancies within APS at the same or lower classification.
Thank you for your interest in Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS). Only those
candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-02-18