OverviewAlberta Health Services Working Leader-Service Worker Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Working Leader-Service Worker
Under the coaching and support of the Manager, Distribution Services, the Working leader performs a variety of duties related to leading and coaching staff as…
The Distribution Department at the Rockyview General Hospital is a dynamic Department that supports the operation of the entire hospital. The Department promotes the AHS values of compassion, accountability, respect, excellence, and safety.
Under the coaching and support of the Manager, Distribution Services, the Working leader performs a variety of duties related to leading and coaching staff as well as perform routine jobs required of a service worker. Working leaders are important and vital members of the Distribution Department. They ensure the smooth work flow throughout the shift and trouble shoots problems and concerns as they arise.
A working leader must possess good interpersonal and social skills necessary to communicate instructions, as well as, clarify points of contentions. Likewise, the working must be always willing and able to complete jobs themselves, supporting the staff especially when staffing levels are low. The working leader must show the ability to work with various staff and stakeholders in a hospital environment.
Working leaders are a resource person especially for new hire staff. They must provide guidance to staff especially when processes appear to be confusing.
This position is a 0.4 position usually working during the weekends rotating between the morning and evening shifts. This schedule can be changed based on operational requirements.
- Grade 12 level of education or equivalent required.
- Resume required.
- Knowledge in the use of Teletracker preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) preferred.
- Experience in working in a hospital environment preferred.
- English proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading skills required.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Reliable, cooperative, compassionate, accountable, and respectful.
- Availability to work during weekdays and weekends on all shifts (days, evenings, nights) required.
- Required to be able to lift 22.5 kg, or assist in lifting up to 157.5 kg on a daily basis.
- Required to have the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Previous portering work experience preferred.
- Previous experience as a working leader preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to manage and lead a team.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25