OverviewAlberta Health Services Unit Clerk Full Time in Drumheller, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Drumheller AB CA
A variety of clerical support duties for the Restorative/LTC beds, Acute Care, Operating room, Long Term Care and the Manager as required….
Reporting to the Restorative/LTC manager but working under limited supervision, the Unit Clerk is primarily responsible for:
- Processing and ensuring the completion of physician’s orders for a variety of tests and procedures related to resident/client care on the unit.
- Reception duties – the Unit Clerk serves as the point of first contact in matters concerning the efficient administration of the unit. Nursing and others rely on the Unit Clerk’s knowledge of resident/client activities and Unit operations.
- Communication of information – the Unit Clerk plays a key role in helping to foster a team environment in the unit by facilitating communication between nursing and other health disciplines, departments, residents and families and in maintaining confidentiality of resident/client information.
- A variety of clerical support duties for the Restorative/LTC beds, Acute Care, Operating room, Long Term Care and the Manager as required.
- Independently adapts to the demands of the job while appropriately prioritizing tasks.
- Staff scheduling as required.
Grade 12 or equivalent.
Recognized Unit clerk course including Medical Terminology.
Recent Unit Clerk/clerical experience desirable.
Computer skills required. Experience with programs such as Meditech, ESP, Microsoft office programs is an asset.
Time keeping/time cards experience an asset.
Working within a multidisciplinary setting.
Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions in activities while maintaining a calm and pleasant attitude.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Well-developed organizational skills.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Drumheller, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-13