OverviewAlberta Health Services Therapy Assistant Temporary in Taber, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Taber AB CA
Communicate effectively by speaking, listening and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and…
This Therapy Assistant provides client/family centered care within the Taber Health Centre and surrounding community. They report to the site senior therapist and works under direct supervision of a registered Physiotherapist. The assistant performs established treatments in accordance with current policies and procedures of the provincial college of PT and AHS South Zone. Primarily assists in the daily operational functions of the Taber Health Centre physiotherapy service including but not limited to clerical and housekeeping duties.
– Graduate of recognized Therapy Assistant diploma program or equivalent required.
– Experience in related fields as well as working experience as a Therapy Assistant
– Courses in computer applications (Current statistical program and patient database, Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access) preferred. Meditech experience an asset.
– Accepts constructive criticism and direction.
– Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
– Reliable, honest and dependable.
– Flexible to support services at other sites dependent on workload demand.
– Ability to safeguard South Zone information as private and confidential.
– Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
– Makes economical use of time, and resources.
– Behave ethically by understanding of ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of Alberta Health Services.
– Build relationships by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of Alberta Health Services.
– Communicate effectively by speaking, listening and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
– Be innovative by developing new and unique ways to improve operations of Alberta Health Services and to create new opportunities.
– Focus on client needs by anticipating, understanding, and responding to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations within Alberta Health Services.
– Foster teamwork through working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Lead by positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of Alberta Health Services.
– Make decisions by assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Alberta Health Services.
– Organize by setting priorities, developing a work schedule, monitoring progress towards goals, and tracking details, data, information and activities.
– Plan: by determining strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
– Solve problems by assessing problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
– Valid Alberta Driver’s License. Vehicle required.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Taber, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23