OverviewAlberta Health Services Therapy Assistant – Stollery Children’s Hospital Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Therapy Assistant – Stollery Children’s Hospital
The Stollery Children’s Hospital requires an energetic and creative therapist assistant that enjoys working with children and thrives on the challenge of…
The Stollery Children’s Hospital requires an energetic and creative therapist assistant that enjoys working with children and thrives on the challenge of managing an ever changing caseload. Reporting directly to the Manager of the Therapeutic Services program and under the guidance of the Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist II for day to day job coordination, the Therapist Assistant provides direct patient care and is required to provide supplementary clinical support in the assessment and treatment of variety of patients in a busy outpatient setting. Core competencies and responsibilities include, but are not limited to assistance in splint fabrication and revision and finishing of splints, maintenance of appropriate positioning for casting, and therapeutic neurodevelopmental intervention, sewing related to soft splints, compression garments, and strapping for ventilation mask fittings, and various other supportive devices, and the supervision and progression under guidance, of graded exercise and ADL programs. Additional responsibilities include space/supply inventory maintenance duties, occasional clerical support and preceptorship of TA students. The Therapist Assistant demonstrates a collaborative and Family-Centered approach to care and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
– Minimum of one year of experience working as a pediatric therapy assistant is mandatory.
– Must have certification of completion of a TA program from a recognized college or university program.
– Must have valid BLS-CPR certification.
– Excellent communication, conflict resolution, team building and interpersonal skills are required and the ability to easily adapt and be flexible is a must.
– The candidate must have the ability to prioritize caseloads and work well independently and may be required to provide student preceptorship.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18