OverviewAlberta Health Services Therapy Assistant Part Time in Redwater, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Redwater AB CA
Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP)- Level C is required. Well- developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and…
The successful candidate, while reporting to site management or delegate, will work under the supervision and direction of the Physiotherapist Occupational Therapist and the Recreation Therapist.
– The candidate will assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating recreation programs, analyzing, and recording patients progress.
– The candidate will also be responsible for performing patient treatments which include: exercise programs, lifting/transferring of patients, assisting with ADL’s, and the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
– Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for working in an interdisciplinary team.
– An excellent attendance record, reliability, and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
– Diploma from an approved post-secondary Therapist Assistant program is required.
– Successful completion of Grade XII is required.
– Relevant experience in a rehabilitation setting is an asset.
– Well- developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and collaborate with clients, colleagues, and other treatment disciplines within a team approach to service delivery.
– The incumbent must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a good understanding of scope of practice.
– Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP)- Level C is required.
– Possession of a valid drivers license and a motor vehicle in good repair for work related travel is required.
– Class 4 drivers license is required.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Redwater, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23