OverviewAlberta Health Services Therapy Assistant Part Time in Hanna, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Hanna AB CA
Collaborate and coordinate activities in their daily practice to meet expectations of effective work flow. Perform related duties as required….
Under the supervision of a registered Occupational Therapist the Therapy Assistant has demonstrated ability and willingness to work with adults to:
– Enable meaningful client outcomes through occupation
– Use client centered practices to implement the occupation plan and provide relevant verbal/written feedback
– Engage clients, families, caregivers and health team to enable occupational possibilities
– Contribute positively to the work of their inter professional health team
– Perform screens with clients
– Collaborate and coordinate activities in their daily practice to meet expectations of effective work flow
– Manage equipment and supply inventory
– Apply principles that support safety in the workplace
– Perform related duties as required
Under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist, the Occupational Therapy Assistant assists with the delivery of occupational therapy services. The Occupational Therapy Assistant will assist in the delivery of care in accordance with the plan of care prescribed by the Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapy Assistant assists with the implementation of direct treatment programs, and participates in the maintenance of program supplies, equipment and work area.
– Post secondary diploma from an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
– Basic computer skills required; additional computer skills an asset.
– Experience working with elderly and/or disabled individuals necessary.
– Must be physically capable of lifting and transferring patients and equipment.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or patients.
– Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a good understanding of scope of practice.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and professional, courteous manner essential.
– Post secondary certificate/diploma from an approved Occupational Therapist Assistant program preferred.
– Recent experience with adult clients’ occupational issues in acute care, home and community living facilities an asset.
– Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills with clients and health team is valuable.
– Confirmed ability to appropriately complete tasks, work independently as well as initiate and address service needs within scope of practice is essential.
– Established skill set with Microsoft office, Outlook and Meditech is preferred.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Hanna, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19