OverviewAlberta Health Services Supervisor Full Time in Barrhead, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Barrhead AB CA
Post secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Nutrition and Food Service management. Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience in a Healthcare Food…
This is a Patient and Retail Food Services Supervisory position at both the Barrhead Continuing Care Centre and the Barrhead Healthcare Centre. It is a dynamic Nutrition Services operation that provides meals to 100 Long Term Care residents, 34 Acute Care patients and meals for staff, visitors and families.
Enhancing customer service and dining experience’s are our priorities. This position is tasked with monitoring the daily site operations, providing clear direction and guidance to front line staff in the production and service of menu items while adhering to the health and safety standards. The supervisory team works together to set long term goals, recognizing potential areas for process improvement with customer satisfaction at the forefront and acts as the key contact to site administration and patient care for matters relating to Patient Food Services.
Are you a role model for your employees? Do you lead by example? Are you motivated to help others succeed?
The role of the Food Services Supervisor is to create an environment of learning for our frontline staff, encouraging teams to work towards accomplishing the strategies for cost saving measures, improving service delivery, enhancing meal quality and continuously monitoring and adhering to departmental standards within a caring environment.
– Post secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Nutrition and Food Service management.
– Combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
– Green Belt certification preferred.
– Proficiency with computer applications used at the site level including MS Office, ePeople, CBORD, Meditech and Oracle proficiencies is preferred
– Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience in a Healthcare Food Service management role of significant size and complexity is required.
– Demonstrated ability to lead a large team to achieve shared goals while supporting individuals through coaching and learning opportunities.
– Must be an effective communicator, encouraging active listening, providing instruction and feedback clearly.
– Demonstrated ability to schedule work, assign resources effectively and think critically in a multi-tasking operating environment.
– Must be able to prioritize and to implement new approaches and process improvements using change management techniques.
– Demonstrated ability to manage an operating budget.
– Must be highly organized.
– Experience in unionized environment preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Barrhead, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09