OverviewAlberta Health Services Standards Specialist Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Strong human-networking, critical thinking, critical analysis, audience-appropriate communication, negotiation and advanced technical writing skills required….
As a self-directed member of the Alberta Health Services Information Management Governance Business Unit (IMGBU), the Standards Specialist provides support for the AHS Information Management Governance Framework committees, work groups and task teams. The IMGBU supports stakeholders in the development, adoption, adaptation, implementation, maintenance and deprecation of information standards and leading practice to support business operations. The activities and outcomes of the Framework have an organizational and cross continuum impact. On behalf of the Information Management Governance Framework Committees, the position coordinates activities related to the information standards lifecycle which include intake, prioritization, assignment, research, recommendations, transfer, resolution, stakeholder consultation, publication and communication for information management-related issues submitted for direction to the Framework committees. The position works closely with multi-disciplinary groups throughout all levels of the AHS organization by advocating and promoting standardized and consistent application of policies, procedures, leading practice and information standards. The position is responsible for publishing and maintaining information standards through the AHS Knowledge Repository.
The position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders both within AHS, Alberta Health and standards development organizations such as Canada Health Infoway. The position is also responsible for monitoring the external information standards landscape to proactively identify any and all impacts upon the AHS information standards lifecycle.
– A minimum of 5-7 years experience in risk management, records management, information management, privacy, policy development or health informatics in an organization of significant size, scope, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare experience an asset) with a minimum of a Master’s degree in a health discipline or computer science plus appropriate certification, licensure or recognized designation.
– Equivalencies of education and experience related to risk management, records management, information management, privacy, policy development or health informatics preferred.
– Demonstrated understanding of the principles and components that comprise an enterprise information management program.
– Strong human-networking, critical thinking, critical analysis, audience-appropriate communication, negotiation and advanced technical writing skills required.
– Broad knowledge of information management strategies, concepts and processes and how these are applied in health care systems or government organizations.
– Experience in defining governance, principals, information standards, policies and procedures and leading business and/or Information Technology transformational initiatives.
– Facilitation skills with experience in undertaking liaison and consultations with multiple and diverse stakeholders and interest groups.
– Commitment to innovation in service delivery and continuous improvement.
– Experience with HL7, Clinical Document Architecture
– Experience with Taxonomy-Ontology Development
– Experience with business analysis, developing and documenting business processes
– Experience with Developing Standards, Style Sheets, and Style Guides for the implementation of standards
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25