Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-03-04
Alberta Health Services Service Worker I Full Time in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fort Saskatchewan AB CA
Service Worker I
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
- Restocking and reordering of inventory; this includes all disposable inventory/products used in the operating room, Endo suite and MDRD Department. – Case
- Restocking and reordering of inventory; this includes all disposable inventory/products used in the operating room, Endo suite and MDRD Department.
- Case cart preparation for elective and emergency cases.
- Performs in between case cleaning in operating room theatres, using knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control.
- Transfers soiled linen, garbage, and dirty case cart from theatre to respective decanting zones.
- Unit responsibilities: empty laundry hampers, restocking of linen, bedside supplies and assist with nursing as requested.
- Grade 12.
- WHMIS Training.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and anatomy.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Displays initiative, judgment, and professionalism.
- Is courteous and composed under pressure and is able to remain organized and set priorities.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Computer skills are essential and medical terminology is an asset.