OverviewAlberta Health Services Secretary II- Department of Family Medicine Administrative Assistant Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Secretary II- Department of Family Medicine Administrative Assistant
Training in database management. Advanced training in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, Excel, and Power….
The Department of Family Medicine Administrative Assistant will be located primarily at the Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre office. This position will provide senior administrative support to both the Clinical Department Head and the Zone Department Manager. The Department Head’s office is multi-faceted and impacts on both Alberta Health Services and the University of Calgary. The position must have a full understanding of the two organizations and often represents the Department as the first point of contact. To be effective, it is critical that the individual exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and informal leadership skills to the support staff.
The incumbent works within a team environment, understanding the purpose, goals of the team, and has the ability to bring forward ideas to assist the team. Using their experience and skill, the incumbent is expected to work independently, exercising decision-making where the impact of error could be high.
The incumbent will perform a wide range of administrative functions and interact effectively and professionally with a diverse population of colleagues and external stakeholders while demonstrating confidentiality, flexibility, and initiative. The Secretary II often represents the Department as the first point of contact; he/she will demonstrate a strong commitment to customer satisfaction by showing a high level of tact, diplomacy, and customer service.
– Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Undergraduate Degree preferred.
– 5 years or more of intermediate-senior administrative experience.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to think critically, problem solve complex issues, and prioritize effectively to meet objectives.
– Demonstrated experience in collaboration, coordination, and negotiating with multiple stakeholders.
– Innovative and able to work independently in a fast paced changing environment.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Previous experience in a medical/academic setting would be an asset.
– Working knowledge of AHS and U of C Faculty of Medicine procedures and practices is an asset.
– Advanced training in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Additional training in position related software e.g. Publisher, Visio, People Soft, e-people, Websites (Drupal), Reference Manager, etc is an asset.
– Training in database management.
– Medical terminology course preferred.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24