OverviewAlberta Health Services Secretary I – Public Health Fort McMurray Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Secretary I – Public Health Fort McMurray
Fort McMurray, AB
Intermediate/advanced experience in a Windows-based PC environment, including knowledge of computer technology and applications (including but not limited to…
The incumbent supports local Public Health clinical operations in addition to supporting the North Zone Communicable Disease (CDC) Program. This includes distribution of lab reports, ensuring clinical experts are aware of results, arranging meetings, taking minutes and ensuring follow up actions are communicated and completed, making travel arrangements, gathering and compiling information to compile reports, producing, editing and formatting a broad range of documentation as needed. The successful candidate will also review necessary reports for accuracy and completeness and managing the flow of documentation submitted to the manager or the CDC program. The position will provide discreet, confidential support to the manager as well as provide explanations regarding application of guidelines, policy, and procedures within the CDC program.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Post-secondary secretarial diploma or equivalent.
– Medical terminology certification preferred.
– Intermediate/advanced experience in a Windows-based PC environment, including knowledge of computer technology and applications (including but not limited to Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail/Internet and intranet applications).
– Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible positions preferably in a health care setting; experience working within a high-volume, time-intensive organization.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Ability to work well in a team environment, both locally and across the North Zone.
– Ability to make sound judgment decisions, including proven experience in successful issue resolution.
– English language skills in reading, writing, and oral communication required, including proven formatting, grammar, and proofreading skills.
– Proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks and to formulate decisions in areas of responsibility; – Proven commitment to customer satisfaction.
– Ability to adhere to strict regional policies and procedures and legislated requirements regarding client./ patient confidentiality.
– Ability to handle frequent interruptions and still meet workload timelines, required. – Ability to move and lift moderately (up to 30 pounds) heavy objects, required.
– Ability to operate basic office equipment, including fax, photocopier and personal computer, required.
– Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22