OverviewAlberta Health Services Secretary I Part Time in La Crête, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch La Crête AB CA
La Crête, AB
Medical terminology course preferred. Answers telephone and directs calls as appropriate. Minimum Grade 12. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication (verbal…
Provides secretarial support to Director/Manager/Regional Manager of assigned area. This position is the main contact for internal and external clients.
– Greets, informs, and directs visitors, clients, and staff.
– Answers telephone and directs calls as appropriate.
– Schedules and confirms appointments.
– Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail, faxes, and packages.
– Labels and packages material for delivery and mailing.
– Types routine information such as correspondence, reports, and forms.
– Schedules meetings as directed.
– Books rooms and contacts participants to confirm attendance.
– Orders supplies as appropriate.
– Maintenance of client records.
– ESP and data entry as required.
– Perform other duties as required.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay and excellent benefits, AHS currently offers:
– Northern Allowance (annual maximum of $6,300). This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Permanent and temporary employees working in excess of one (1) year whose work sites are above the 57th parallel are also eligible to receive an annual reimbursement (maximum of $1,235) for one (1) round trip, departing from a location above the 57th parallel, to any destination within Alberta.
– Minimum Grade 12.
– Medical terminology course preferred.
– Other Secretarial training is an asset.
– Prior experience in a health care setting serving the public preferred.
– Previous secretarial experience is an asset.
– Keyboarding 50 wpm.
– Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer applications required.
– Demonstrated interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills required.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: La Crête, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16