OverviewAlberta Health Services Registered Nurse – Unit 25 Labour & Delivery/Post Partum Part Time in Red Deer, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Registered Nurse – Unit 25 Labour & Delivery/Post Partum
Red Deer, AB
Fetal Health Surveillance experience required. Are you a Registered Nurse who has always wanted to work with mothers and babies?…
Are you a Registered Nurse who has always wanted to work with mothers and babies? Unit 25 is looking for RN’s who are passionate about maternal/child nursing. We offer a classroom based orientation program with buddy shifts to facilitate learning and skill development. There are opportunities for Labour and Delivery as well as the postpartum area. If this is an area you have always wanted to work in, come join our team and we will learn together!
The preferred candidate for this unit is one who has a strong interest, experience, and ability to provide family centered care to the antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum experience. This environment is suitable for candidates who enjoy patient and family teaching and guiding/supporting students of novice health care professionals. A candidate with certification in a relevant specialty area, charge nurse experience, NRP, Electronic Monitoring, and MoreOB certification is preferred.
Please Note: The start dates will vary depending on individual orientation requirements.
– Basic computer skills.
– Good communication skills and the ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
– Competence in relevant technical nursing skills and a willingness to learn new skills as required.
– Demonstrated ongoing responsibility for maintaining own continuing competence through professional development activities.
– Ability to work shift work.
– Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
– Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
– Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
– Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
– Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
– Recent experience in Labour/Delivery/Perioperative/Postpartum/Antepartum and Newborn care required.
– Fetal Health Surveillance experience required.
– Current IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) Certification as asset.
Demonstrated Expertise in the following:
– Inter-professional Communication.
– Patient/Client/Family/Community-Centered Care.
– Leadership and critical thinking skills.
– Ability to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities.
– Ability to work within a team environment and to effectively contribute to patient and family care planning processes.
– Understanding of teaching/learning concepts.
Please Note: All Acute Care, Continuing Care, Mental Health, and Public Health RN applications require a cover letter and current resume outlining experience and abilities relevant to the position. As resumes are not kept on file, a cover letter, and resume are essential to determine candidates selected for interview.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18