OverviewAlberta Health Services Registered Nurse – Public Health Temporary in Vegreville, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Vegreville AB CA
Registered Nurse – Public Health
Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required….
The Public Health Nurse (PHN) provides services to families, individuals, and communities to promote health and wellness and to prevent illness. The PHN assumes general public health nursing responsibilities, including immunizations in well child clinics, adult clinics, schools, influenza, and other mass immunizations programs. This position includes maternal and child health services which provide strength based anticipatory guidance, home & clinic visits, prenatal & postnatal programs, breastfeeding support, screening & referrals, and advocacy. The PHN is involved in communicable disease surveillance, follow-up, and preventative management.
– Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
– Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
– Current BCLS- HCP required.
– Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred, however, skills & experience relevant to nursing practice in community sector will be considered.
– Experience in Public Health Nursing, including immunization (infant, child, adult) & maternal/child assessments required.
– Mature, motivated, self-directed nurse with knowledge & interest in Public Health.
– Demonstrates excellent organizational, decision-making, counselling, teaching, time management, and communication skills (written & oral) as well as an excellent attendance record, reliability, and personal suitability (as evidenced by reference checks).
– Proven ability to work independently, as well as positively, effectively, and cooperatively within an interdisciplinary team.
– Basic computer skills in word processing, email, and internet access is required. Knowledge of electronic charting and the Meditech system is an asset.
Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vegreville, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23