OverviewAlberta Health Services Registered Nurse – Public Health Nurse Part Time in Vegreville, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Vegreville AB CA
Registered Nurse – Public Health Nurse
The PHN is involved in communicable disease surveillance, follow-up, and preventative management. The Public Health Nurse (PHN) provides services to families,…
The Public Health Nurse (PHN) provides services to families, individuals, and communities to promote health and wellness and to prevent illness. The PHN assumes general public health nursing responsibilities, including immunizations in well child clinics, adult clinics, schools, influenza, and other mass immunizations programs. This position includes maternal and child health services which provide strength based anticipatory guidance, home & clinic visits, prenatal & postnatal programs, breastfeeding support, screening & referrals, and advocacy. The PHN is involved in communicable disease surveillance, follow-up, and preventative management.
- Current registration in CARNA (College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta)
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred, however, skills & experience relevant to nursing practice in community sector will be considered
- Experience in Public Health Nursing, including immunization (infant, child, adult) & maternal/child assessments preferred
- Mature, motivated, self-directed nurse with knowledge & interest in Public Health
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, decision-making, counselling, teaching, time management, and communication skills (written & oral) as well as an excellent attendance record, reliability, and personal suitability (as evidenced by reference checks).
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as positively, effectively, and cooperatively within an interdisciplinary team
- Current BCLS-HCP (Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider) certification required
- A valid drivers’ license and a dependable vehicle are required
- Basic computer skills in word processing, email, and internet access is required. Knowledge of electronic charting and the Meditech system is an asset.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vegreville, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25