OverviewAlberta Health Services Public Hlth Inspector I Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Public Hlth Inspector I
Fort McMurray, AB
This position protects individual and community wellness through monitoring, inspection, disease surveillance, consultation and enforcement of the Public Health…
The Public Health Inspector I/Environmental Health Officer I (PHI I/EHO I) is appointed as an Executive Officer under the authority of the Public Health Act for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of the Public Health Act and its attendant Regulations. The PHI I/EHO I is responsible for delivering a comprehensive environmental public health program within an assigned geographical area. The main purpose of the PHI I/EHO I is to carry out a regimen of activities in the interest of preventing, correcting or limiting the effects of environmental health hazards, whether physical, chemical or biological in nature, that may adversely affect the health of individuals or communities. This position protects individual and community wellness through monitoring, inspection, disease surveillance, consultation and enforcement of the Public Health Act and Regulations.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Bachelors Degree in Environmental Health Sciences or a related discipline.
– Certificate in Public Health Inspection Canada – CPHI(C).
– Previous experience in Environmental Public Health is preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
– Ability to work independently and with a team.
– Well developed computer skills- Member of Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
– Candidates will be assessed on their experience, performance and qualifications.
– As such, candidate’s current manager may be contacted to review this information as part of the selection process.
Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-06