OverviewAlberta Health Services Protective Services Officer I Full Time in St. Albert, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch St. Albert AB CA
Protective Services Officer I
St. Albert, AB
Valid class 5 non-GDL driver’s license. Two years related security/ law enforcement experience preferred. Two years post-secondary education in Security, Law…
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader or Protective Services Officer II, the Protective Services Officer I is responsible for maintaining a secure environment for patients, staff, and visitors. As a designated Protective Services Officer, the incumbent will respond to security, fire, and personal safety related issues in accordance with current legislation and established Alberta Health Services and site policies and procedures. This position requires direct client interaction at a Forensic mental health out-patient clinic.
– Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
– Two years post-secondary education in Security, Law Enforcement, or Criminal Justice preferred.
– Two years related security/ law enforcement experience preferred.
– Experience in health care environment preferred.
– Must be eligible for appointment as a Community Peace Officer II by the Province of Alberta.
– WHMIS training preferred.
– Certificate in CPI Non-violent Crisis Intervention an asset.
– Valid First Aid certificate preferred.
– Valid BCLS-HCP certificate preferred.
– Pressure Point Control Tactic Certificate an asset.
– Valid class 5 non-GDL driver’s license.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. Albert, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-11-29