OverviewAlberta Health Services Physiotherapist II Full Time in Drayton Valley, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Drayton Valley AB CA
Drayton Valley, AB
Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required….
Under the direction and general supervision of the Allied Health Manager, the PTII provides work direction to the Drayton Valley Physiotherapy staff. The primary responsibility of the PT Team Lead is to ensure care is evidence-based, client-centered, and meets the established clinical standards.
- As the lead of the transdisciplinary team ensures provision of client care.
- Registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta (CPTA).
- AADL Authorizer preferred.
- Acts as a consultant, educator, and resource person.
- Provides clinical direction to team members, ensuring all practice is evidence-based, and client-centered.
- Day to day management of staffing and clinical decision-making.
- Implementation of QI initiatives and strategies.
- Provides Allied Health Manager with feedback on the use of human and other resources.
- Demonstrates effective use of resources and appropriate assignment of duties to staff.
- Orientates new staff.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process for all team staff and provides guidance regarding staff learning objectives in conjunction with the Allied Health Manager
- Provides regular performance conversations to staff.
- 5-7 years clinical experience.
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks and direct clinical care including, but not limited to: -constant adjustment of position (sit/stand) throughout the shift.
- Physical exertion including bending/walking/sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
- Punctual, meticulous, reliable, and demonstrates regular attendance.
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy.
- 3 years related clinical experience; Acute Care, Home Care, and Outpatient preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- Established skill set with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, education, and group facilitation skills.
- Able to make decisions in a complex multidisciplinary environment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Drayton Valley, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23