OverviewAlberta Health Services Pharmacy Technician Part Time in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fort Saskatchewan AB CA
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately prepare pharmaceuticals is required. Pharmacy Technicians who work in Correctional Health collaborate with…
Pharmacy Technicians who work in Correctional Health collaborate with other healthcare professionals, correctional centre authorities, and other external stakeholders in a secure setting to provide care to adults and youth in custody.
Practicing within their full scope, the Pharmacy Technician performs all aspects of drug distribution including medication order entry, preparation and repackaging of patient specific and ward stock medications. Other duties include keeping records of narcotics and controlled drugs and assisting in inventory control and purchasing. This position is responsible for final product checking and providing clinical support for the provision of patient care.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Alberta College of Pharmacists as a pharmacy technician.
- Previous community or hospital experience is preferred with preference given to individuals with a minimum of two years experience.
- Membership with a pharmacy professional organization, like PTSA, is an asset.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately and be able to distinguish routine functions with those requiring professional judgment is essential.
- Computer and keyboarding skills are necessary.
- Candidates must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Some lifting is required.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately prepare pharmaceuticals is required.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21