OverviewAlberta Health Services Pharmacist I NU Part Time in Fairview, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fairview AB CA
Pharmacist I NU
Graduate of a recognized Baccalaureate Program in Pharmaceutical Science. Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any…
Works with the other members of the health care team reviewing individual patient therapy and communicating any potential problems to nursing or directly to the physician.
Carries out the day-to-day activities pertaining to the distributive functions of the department. Ensures all functions of the department’s services are performed by the technicians and assistants to maintain a smooth operation.
Participates in clinically oriented functions to provide optimal drug therapy to the patients.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Northern Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $6,300. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Permanent and temporary employees working in excess of one year whose work sites are above the 57th parallel are also eligible to receive an annual reimbursement of personal travel expenses to an annual maximum of $1,235. Eligible employees will be reimbursed for the cost of one round trip, per calendar year, to any destination within Alberta. Travel must originate from a community above the 57th parallel to any destination within Alberta and cannot be carried over.
– Graduate of a recognized Baccalaureate Program in Pharmaceutical Science.
– Registered with the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
– Residency in Hospital Pharmacy is desirable.
– Active member of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
– Clinical pharmacy experience is an asset.
– Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect.
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people.
– Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required.
– Proven initiative and motivation required.
– Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
– Ability to safeguard AHS information as private and confidential.
– Ability to follow and adhere to AHS policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
– Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any concerns or problems presented within the department with the understanding that every individual has a different personality.
– Flexible, reliable and dependable.
– Computer skills required. Ability to access and proficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Computer application to hospital pharmacy is essential.
– Ability to provide a positive and friendly approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
– Ability to work effectively independently, and within a team, effectively managing his or her time and setting priorities when faced with multiple tasks and deadlines over a period of time.
– Ability to learn and receive constructive criticism.
– Demonstrable problem solving and conflict resolution skills/training.
– Proven ability to cope with stress and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner.
– IV additive and TPN knowledge is an asset.
– Unit dose distribution knowledge is an asset.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fairview, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23