OverviewAlberta Health Services Nursing Attendant (Ed Allow) Temporary in Valleyview, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Valleyview AB CA
Nursing Attendant (Ed Allow)
Contributes to client centered care and inter-professional team delivery of care:. Provides personal care to clients according to established care plans:….
The Nursing Attendant provides personal care to clients under the direction of a Staff Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with established care plans, and provides encouragement and emotional support, ensuring the dignity of the client is maintained.
Provides personal care to clients according to established care plans:
- Assisting in providing a clean, comfortable and safe environment for clients.
- Planning daily routine, adapting care to meet client needs and preferences.
- Making use of comfort measures within the scope of knowledge and experience.
- Reporting changes in client condition/behavior to LPN, Staff Nurse and/or supervisor.
- Suggesting changes, updates or revisions to care plans when appropriate.
- Recognizing and reporting special physical, emotional or social needs of clients.
- Assisting clients in sitting, walking, standing, dressing, bathing, positioning, lifting and transferring clients as necessary, according to care plan.
- Assisting with client meals by distributing meals and feeding clients.
- Transporting and/or accompanying clients as assigned.
- Assisting nursing staff or therapy staff in preparation for and application of client treatments.
Monitors equipment and supplies:
- Cleaning equipment and requisitioning maintenance when required.
- Checking inventory and supplies, reporting shortages to supervisor, Staff Nurse or LPN.
- Assisting with setting up supply carts for nursing care.
- Assisting with setting up equipment for procedures as directed.
Performs other related duties as assigned, such as, but not limited to:
- Maintaining a clean, tidy work area.
- Participating in in-service education.
- Laundering client clothing as/if necessary.
- Attending and participating in team conference and other meetings as requested.
Contributes to client centered care and inter-professional team delivery of care:
- Observing, recording and reporting required information on the client records as assigned by the Team.
- Engaging in and participating in unit recreational activities to support the client and teamwork.
I n addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a recognized Personal Support Aide course, or equivalent, from a recognized educational institution.
- Completion of BCLS-HCP course.
- Previous nursing attendant experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a nursing team.
- Ability to understand and follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate to clients in a caring manner with respect and dignity.
- Ability to safely accomplish lifts/transfers for clients of varying size, and varying degrees of immobility.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, reach, lift, and carry during a shift.
- Evidence of patience, tact, maturity, and confidentiality in dealing with clients and their families.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6 week rotation consisting of 7 shifts of 7.75 hours, 3 shifts of 7 hours, 8 shifts of 4 hours
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Valleyview, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18