OverviewAlberta Health Services Nursing Attendant (Ed Allow) Part Time in Redwater, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Redwater AB CA
Nursing Attendant (Ed Allow)
Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required. The Nursing Attendant provides patient care services as an unregulated worker under the…
The Nursing Attendant provides patient care services as an unregulated worker under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. The Nursing Attendant is a member of, and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, delivers consistent quality care to meet the needs of the patient/resident in the acute care and/or long term care area, as assigned. The Nursing Attendant accepts responsibility for continuing competency through participation in education programs and continuous quality improvement activities.
– Assists patients/residents with personal care and activities of daily living.
– Provides designated treatments in accordance with allowable scope of practice.
– Participates in the provision of recreational activities for residents and their families.
– Contributes to the initial and ongoing nursing assessment of assigned patients/residents.
– Observes, reports, and documents changes in patient/resident status.
– Participates in education programs to develop and maintain clinical competency in assigned areas of responsibility.
– Participates as a team member in quality improvement activities.
– Has successfully completed and received a Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized institution.
– Experience in acute care, community care, and/or long term care a definite asset or equivalent.
– Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Redwater, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01