OverviewAlberta Health Services Mental Hlth Therapist CH/AS/NL Part Time in Lethbridge, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Lethbridge AB CA
Mental Hlth Therapist CH/AS/NL
Plan, implement, and evaluate individual client services in concert with other service providers and a multidisciplinary treatment team….
Alberta Health Services, Addiction and Mental Health is looking to hire a part time (0.50 FTE) Mental Health Therapist to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, providing evidence-based, recovery-oriented screening, assessment, treatment, psychotherapy, support, follow-up, and case management to adults experiencing mental illness and/or concurrent disorders.
The successful applicant will be responsible to:
– Screen potential clients for addiction or mental health concerns and complete applicable assessments, treatment, clinical consultation, and follow-up within an assigned caseload.
– Maintain appropriate documentation for each client in client files.
– Maintain collaborative relationships with various community agencies to offer seamless service for clients.
– Plan, implement, and evaluate individual client services in concert with other service providers and a multidisciplinary treatment team.
– Advocate for clients as necessary.
– Identify gaps in service and implement strategies to remedy those gaps.
– Work to support an effective team and a positive work environment.
– Be able to demonstrate skills in working within system, assessment, treatment of severe mental health problems, knowledge of appropriate medications, and mental health education/promotion.
– A proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
– Ability to use modern office equipment including computers supporting Microsoft office products and maintain client records in electronic medical records.
Education and Registration:
– Masters of Social Work, Masters of Psychology, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing, and Bachelor of Nursing.
– Must be registered with an appropriate Health Professions Regulating body to allow the provision of restricted psychosocial interventions.
– Registered Social Workers must be registered to perform restricted activities.
– Registered Psychologists must have completed their provisional registration requirements.
– Current Health Care Provider level Standard First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, and ASSIST Suicide Intervention Training.
– A minimum of three years mental health experience in an outpatient counseling setting providing interpersonal therapy. Preference will be given for additional experience in group therapy. Preference will be given to applicants with longer proven experience.
– Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of mental health disorders and a proven ability to d effective treatment plans to support clients experiencing those difficulties.
– Ability to support the growth of a healthy professional work environment that embraces the values of Alberta Health Services.
– Additional formal training in CBT, DBT, group psychotherapy, family therapy, and/or other endorsed forms of therapy is an asset.
– Additional experience working in an addictions service/program is desirable.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Lethbridge, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-28