OverviewAlberta Health Services Mental Health Therapist Provin – Intake Therapist Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Mental Health Therapist Provin – Intake Therapist
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP). Consultation, assessment and treatment, teaching, liaison with community service providers,…
This is a school year position. The service is closed July and August and on all non-instructional school days and breaks (Christmas Break and Spring Break).
Reporting directly to the Care Manager, Edmonton Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (RCSD) and to the Area Manager, School Services, Child & Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH), the Intake Therapist is the first point of contact for the Edmonton RCSD program, with the majority of intakes being conducted over the telephone.
Having the primary responsibility for intake referrals, the incumbent requires extensive mental health knowledge and skills to screen and triage all requests for service and information. This role also includes working with community partners to provide education and support to enhance patient care. High expectations exist regarding accessibility, effectiveness, and appropriateness of response and decision making. Screening and triage decisions are based on clinical findings gathered from individuals and referring or collateral sources..
The successful individual will demonstrate a high degree of independence and ability to understand and navigate potential complexities of working across different systems. This individual will have a proven positive track record of working with complex issues relating to the mental health of children, youth, and/or families.
Responsibilities include: consultation, assessment and treatment, teaching, liaison with community service providers, and school personnel. The role requires that the incumbent work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will have graduated from a recognized program in one of the following:
– Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy.
– Master’s Degree in Psychology.
– Master’s Degree in Social Work.
– Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree from a Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing program.
– Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP).
– Valid Alberta drivers license, a reliable vehicle and registration with the applicable licensing body (CARNA, CRPNA, ACOT, CAP, ACSW*) are required.
– Must have a minimum of 2 years recent clinical experience in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
– Must have excellent assessment skills.
– Must have formal clinical training and knowledge in child and adolescent mental health.
– Formal training in child and adolescent mental health therapeutic interventions such as CBT and Solution-Focused Therapy would be extremely beneficial.
– Experience working with Child and Family Services, Health Partnership Initiatives, and Multicultural groups would be an asset.
– Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the assessment and treatment of children/adolescents with mental health concerns/diagnoses is required.
– The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with a range of community stakeholders and service providers.
– An excellent attendance record must be demonstrated through previous employment and references.
*Must be authorized by ACSW to perform restricted activities – Psychosocial Interventions.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18