OverviewAlberta Health Services Manager Full Time in Slave Lake, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Slave Lake AB CA
Slave Lake, AB
Articulate, promote, and implement a management process based on program management with extensive delegation to staff….
Reporting to the Site Manager, Slave Lake Healthcare Centre, the Manager, Acute Care, is responsible for the leadership of Acute Care services for the Slave Lake Healthcare Centre and for the coordination of optimum care to clients and their families within the mission, goals and objectives of the Zone. The Manager coordinates and provides leadership in the daily operation and delivery of services, develops and recommends the operational plan for program area, identifies training needs and ensures skill maintenance programs are provided to staff, monitors and ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, and provides day-to-day supervision of nursing and allied staff within the unit(s).
I n addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
– Baccalaureate degree in Nursing desired.
– Supervisory experience.
– Extensive experience in Acute Care Nursing.
– Engender a co-operative work environment and spirit.
– Lead, guide, and develop staff.
– Organize time and resources effectively.
– Actively listen to staff and patients of the Region to gain understanding of their views and to represent the concerns, policies, and values of the Zone.
– Analyze concerns or problems arising from the daily operation and model a problem solving methodology consistent with the management philosophy of the Zone.
– Articulate, promote, and implement a management process based on program management with extensive delegation to staff.
– Assess the effectiveness of programs and activities on the basis of quantifiable outcomes.
– Promote quality improvement strategies and methodologies to staff.
– Collaboratively resolve the allocation of resources and other conflicts with other members of the unit staff.
– Function effectively within a dynamic work environment.
– Prepare and monitor budgets.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Slave Lake, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08